Winter Solstice Indigo Dye Workshop
Sunday, December 21, 2014 : 1:00 - 4:30 PM
Sunday December 21, 2014 : 1:00 - 4:30 PM
• Limit 12 Attendees
• Learn the fundamentals of this historic pattern making process.
• Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat
• Learn 2 different methods for creating an active dye vat
• All dyestuff provided
• One Cotton Table Runner (14" x 80") and one silky rayon scarf (42" x 42") will be provided.
• Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
• Feel free to bring your own goods to dye, but please limit the number to 2 items, and please avoid bulky pieces (towels, linens, bedding etc.), as vat space and time are limited. Cellulose fibers (cotton, linen, rayon, ramie) accept the color the best.
• Address and directions to workshop available here.
• Snacks and drinks provided
• To reserve multiple spots, click the button below, select whether you would like to receive a complimentary Persicaria Tinctoria seed packet, then simply click the "book a spot" button again. Then proceed to checkout.
• Your place will be reserved at time of payment