Block Printing with Natural Dyes
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Saturday, March 2, 2019
Saturday, April 6, 2019
• Limit 8 Attendees
• Learn to extract a range of colors from a single dye plant
• Carve your own blocks from lightweight, strong wood (provided)
• Learn the basics of Adjective Natural Dyes
• Learn about and formulate a variety of Mordants
• Print with blocks of your own creation or any in-house blocks
• Print on 2 provided 22" x 22" cotton bandanas.
• Pack a lunch or snacks! Water but no food provided.
• Bring your own item/s to print on, time allowing. Fabrics that lay flat are best, e.g. pillow cases, tote bags, t-shirts, skirts, etc
• Refunds will not be given for cancellations within one week of the workshop unless your reserved spot is filled.