1:00 - 4:30 PM
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Around the Second Saturday of each month : Select exact date below
• Limit 12 Attendees
• Learn the fundamentals of this historic pattern making process.
• Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
• Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat
• Learn to create and maintain an indigo vat
• All dyestuff provided
• 2 Bandana or small scarf-sized pieces of fabric will be provided.
• Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
• Feel free to bring your own goods to dye, but please limit the number to 2 items, and please avoid bulky pieces (towels, linens, bedding etc.), as vat space and time are limited. Cellulose fibers (cotton, linen, rayon, ramie) accept the color the best.
• Address and directions to workshop available here.
• To reserve multiple spots, click the button below, select the experience level of the dyer (NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, btw just like to have a sense of who's bringing what to the table!), then click the button again. Then proceed to checkout.
• Your place will be reserved at time of payment